Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

REGRET OR FORGET???

Forget or Regret


2011 is a few days away and my naturally tendency is to regret. The only day I won’t have time to regret is the day I die. If you do everything excellently and by the book you will still regret. God told me last night, “stop beating yourself up over things you didn’t do, and forget regret.” Remorse and regret must lead me to rejoice and retool.
I will stop playing the if only game:
If only I could do it over again.
If only I had listened sooner.
If only I could erase that conversation.
If only I could forgive myself.

We all have regrets; we’ve all made bad choices, and said foolish things and we’ve all wasted time.
Here is how you release your regrets incorrectly?
#1 You try to bury your past . 
#2 You try to minimize (“It wasn’t a big deal”), rationalize (“Everyone does it”), and compromise (lowering standards)..
In other words you give up…
#3 You blame others.
#4 You beat up on yourself.
#5 You try to pay for your guilt unconsciously through illness, depression, setting yourself up for failure (I have opened a can of worms now).
The problem with beating up on yourself is this: your conscience never knows when to stop!
Release yourself from the Regret Net by:
Not making excuses. 
Don’t be a historian.
Forget, don’t regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment